Now you can easily apply for an Indian passport from your home. The new online process is quite simple. Read more to find out How To Apply For Passport Online In India
To apply for a passport online in India, all you need is to register on the Passport Seva portal and follow a few easy steps. However, to complete the process, you will need to physically visit the Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office.
The Passport Seva is a dedicated online service started by Ministry of External Affairs. It significantly reduces the time taken to get a new passport. Also, the whole process makes it convenient for Indian citizens to apply for a passport online.
During the application process, you will need to keep your original documents. You will also need to carry these during the physical visit to the Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office.
The list of required documents for applying for a passport is available online. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you start the application process for the Indian passport.
How To Apply For Passport Online In India
- Visit the Passport Seva portal and click on the Register Now link.
- Now, enter your details accurately and select the passport office you would like to visit.
- Then, type the Captcha characters and then click on the Register button.
- Next, log in to the Passport Seva Portal with your registered login ID.
- Now, click the Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport link.
- Then, fill in the required details in the form that appears on the screen and click Submit.
- Now, click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link on the View Saved/ Submitted Applications screen.
- Then, pay the required fee online for your appointment.
- Now, click on the Print Application Receipt link to print your application receipt.
- That’s it! You will receive an SMS message with the details of your appointment.
Note: After you apply for a passport online, you will have to schedule and visit a Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days. After this time limit, you will have to resubmit your online application.
You don’t need to carry the physical application receipt if you can show the SMS message you received on your phone after taking the appointment online. But make sure to carry your original documents.
Also, the Fresh Issuance category includes people who have never held an Indian passport in the past. To get renew a passport, you should apply under the Reissue category.
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,