Now you can use your laptop to get other devices online. The Windows 11 OS allows you to share your Wi-Fi or 4G connection with other devices. Read more to find How To Use Windows 11 Laptop As WiFi Hotspot
Windows 11 allows you to turn your laptop into a makeshift router. You can use it to get other devices online. The dedicated mobile hotspot feature is pretty easy to set up and can be turned off at any time.
The new feature can be pretty useful while if you have access to the internet on only one device. You can also invite guests without offering access to the Wi-Fi password. It works with both Wi-Fi and LTE connections.
Also read: How To Delete Your Facebook Account In Easy Steps
How To Use Windows 11 Laptop As WiFi Hotspot
- Go to Settings > Network & internet > Mobile hotspot
- Next, click the drop-down menu next to ‘Share my internet connection from’ and choose which connection to share.
- Then, click the drop-down menu next to ‘Share over’ and choose either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Now, you can choose to leave the ‘Turn on remotely’ on or turn it off
- Then, go to Properties and click ‘Edit’
- Now, offer a name and password. You can choose a 2.4GHz or 5GHz connection or ‘Any available’.
- Next, click the toggle at the top of the screen to turn the mobile hotspot ‘On’.
- That’s it! The ‘Share my internet connection from’ option should be greyed out.
Note: Windows 11 enables power-saving mode by default. It turns off the mobile hotspot when no devices are connected. Up to 8 devices can be connected at the same time.
Also read: How To Make WhatsApp Video Calls From Your Laptop Or PC
We hope the above-mentioned article was helpful. Let us know in the comments section below,