Now you can easily access the Android O Launched (beta), even if you don’t have a Pixel or Nexus device. Recently, someone from the XDA Developers forum posted the APK file on the internet, which can be easily installed on your smartphone. All you need is a handset running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or above. Want to try out the new launcher? Read more to find about How To Install New Android O Launcher On Your Smartphone
Things To Remember Before Initiating Installation Process
- Make sure your smartphone can install apps that aren’t listed on the Google Play Store. To check this, just go to the Settings menu. Next, tap on Security option and enable the ‘Unknown sources‘ option.
- Download the APK file from here to start the installation process. It is available free of charge, so you really have nothing to lose.
- The installation package (APK for the Android O launcher/ Pixel Launcher) seems to be working for most Android devices. However, you might experience few bugs or issues with the new launcher, which might be improved in newer versions. So, keep that in mind before proceeding.
How To Install New Android O Launcher On Your Smartphone
- Just go to Settings > Security.
- Turn on ‘Allow Unknown Sources‘ if you haven’t already done it.
- Download the required Android O APK file. It is better to do this on your smartphone itself rather than transferring it from your computer.
- Once the app is downloaded, tap on the notification to install the new launcher.
- Or move to your file manager and find the APK file in your downloads folder.
- Now, tap the APK file to install the new Android O Launcher.
- Next, press the Home button on your smartphone.
- Choose the Select the Android O launcher/ Pixel Launcher, when prompted to choose a launcher.
- Now your Android O Launcher is set as Default.
- That’s it. Enjoy the new launcher.
If you don’t enjoy the new launcher or if it causes any problems, you can easily uninstall it. Just go to Settings > Apps. FInd the Android O launcher/ Pixel Launcher and uninstall it.
The new Android O launcher/ Pixel Launcher brings many changes like new circular folder presentation, shortcuts on long-press of supporting apps, a visual refresh of wallpaper picker, etc. Also, the weather appears in the top right corner for your current location. If you have a smartphone running Android 6.0 or higher, you can easily play with the new options in the launcher. Are you going to try out the new Android O Launcher On Your Smartphone? Let us know how it goes in the comments section below.